There is no better feeling than arriving at a beautiful hotel after a long day of travel. Imagine recreating that feeling every time you walk into your home! Check out these 5 tips from our resident Interior Designer, Ariana Lovato of Honeycomb Home Design, for making your house look like a luxury hotel!
- Upgrade your bedroom linen game – Invest in high thread count sheets, down comforters and a comfortable mattress…you’ll thank us later! Just like your mother always said, “Make your bed”! Take a few extra minutes every morning before you rush out the door to make sure your bed is staged back to normal. It makes a big difference to walk into your room and see an inviting and comfortable bed!
2. Add a little bit of Mother Nature – Greenery and floral accents are a small investment but pack a big punch. Baby’s Breath, Sunflowers, Gladiolus, and Chrysanthemum are inexpensive yet beautiful flowers to accentuate your home with!
“Think of your home as your own mini sanctuary… it is the place that you should feel most at ease. Create a surrounding that reflects who you are!”
3. Luxury towels are a MUST – Pottery Barn has the nicest and most durable bath towels. You can even get them monogrammed, if you are feelin’ extra fancy.
4. Go bold with color – Hotels often use accent walls to add drama and interest in a small space. Apply this in your own home by painting three walls the same color, and the fourth wall a few shades darker or wallpaper it! This will instantly add a designer touch!
5. Let there be light – Install “His and Hers” wall sconces in the Master Bedroom for an ultra luxe look! There are plug-in and battery operated options if you cannot wire for them!
Check back with us for more industry tips, news and headlines!